Global Industrial Hygiene Manager
Aarcher is recruiting for a Global Industrial Hygiene Manager in Akron, Ohio. This is an excellent opportunity to lead and direct the global environmental, safety, and industrial hygiene program including design, development, implementation and maintenance of systems.
- Reports to Global Director of EHS
- Position will have autonomy and full support from the Leadership Team to build vision
- 25% Travel
- Relocation Assistance
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Design, develop, and implement global industrial hygiene programs and metrics to assist in mitigating injuries, illness, and environmental incidents. Provide EHS guidance, through training, audits, etc. globally
- Work closely with regional EHS and manufacturing leaders to review, assess, and advise on industrial hygiene performance. Identify gaps and strategic solutions to continuously improve the global industrial hygiene program.
- Develop detailed industrial hygiene sampling plans that will be utilized in facilities worldwide. Advise and monitor the execution of industrial hygiene sampling activities globally. Identify global strategies to reduce exposures to occupational health hazards
- Develop technical EHS documents that provide specific guidance to operations worldwide. Work closely with regional EHS leaders to implement integrated systems that add value to the business.
- Work closely with regional EHS and manufacturing leaders to review and assess EHS performance. Utilizing standardized audit protocols this position will identify gaps and provide guidance and recommendations on how to address the findings.
Required Education and Experience
- BS degree in environmental, safety, industrial hygiene, chemistry, or engineering required
- Industrial Hygiene Certification (CIH) required
- Required: Minimum of 5 years industrial hygiene experience. Minimum of 5 years’ experience developing and implementing industrial hygiene strategies.
- Ability and willingness to travel globally.
- Preferred: International experience within multiple facilities; laser safety officer; radiation safety office
Desired Education and Experience
- MS in environmental, safety, industrial hygiene, chemistry, or engineering.
- CIH certification, CSP certification desired