Associate Director, EHS
This is an exempt position, hired directly with company and will include benefits You can live in another state and they will cover the cost of 1 trip home a month, daily per diem, and will work with you for lodging.
In this role, the Associate Director, EHS will be responsible for supporting EHS compliance programs in support of capital expenditure projects (facility expansions, modifications, etc.) for a global pharmaceutical company. The successful candidate will work closely with client project team to assist with integrating EHS programs into daily operations to assure regulatory compliance, achieve continuous performance improvement, and meet EHS performance objectives. Performs responsibilities and addresses problems with limited supervision.
- Completes hazard assessments, process hazard analysis, life safety reviews, incidenti nvestigations, safety regulatory field analysis, reports and permit applications.
- Reviews processes, facilities, procedures and management of change documents to assure conformance to recognized EHS regulations, standards and guidelines.
- Provides support to client groups in completing injury/illness analysis, training, self-assessments and addressing specific EHS concerns as they are raised.
- With a thorough knowledge of EHS regulations and their applicability, develops EHS procedures, guidelines and training programs as assigned.
Recognizes emerging problems and pro-actively develop solutions.
Develops and implements EHS strategies for assigned program(s) and action plans.
Provides leadership to formation and sustained performance of action oriented EHS committees.
- Assure completion of all regulatory submissions, notifications, etc. required to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local EHS requirements.
- Bachelors Degree
- 10+ years of relevant experience to include experience with EHS regulatory inspections and advocacy.
- Experience on supporting multiple activities/projects and on working with EHS regulatory agencies and Corporate support functions.
- The ideal candidate is a self-directed, technically strong individual who can lead in a multi-functionary team environment.
- Must have interacted and influenced senior management at a site level including development of leading and lagging metrics as well as strategic problem solving.
- Position requires working onsite at Client site