City: St. Johns
Aarcher Talent is looking for and EHS Manager to provide daily guidance and direction to the facility managers concerning safety program implementation, safety training, recordkeeping, and reporting. Manages, plans, and implements programs to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illnesses, deaths, and financial losses.
- Develops accident-prevention and loss-control systems and programs for incorporation into operational policies of organization.
- Manages and coordinates safety activities, through subordinate supervisory personnel, to ensure implementation of safety activities throughout organization.
- Identifies and appraises conditions that could produce accidents and financial losses and evaluates potential extent of injuries resulting from accidents.
- Conducts or directs research studies to identify hazards and evaluate loss producing potential of given system, operation, or process.
- Directs and coordinates, through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities of operations department to obtain optimum use of equipment, facilities, and personnel.
- Compiles, analyzes, and interprets statistical data related to exposure factors concerning occupational illnesses and accidents and prepares reports for information of personnel concerned.
- Maintains liaison with outside organizations, such as fire departments, mutual aid societies, and rescue teams to assure information exchange and mutual assistance.
- Devises methods to evaluate safety program and conducts or directs evaluations.
- Evaluates technical and scientific publications concerned with safety management and participates in activities of related professional organizations to update knowledge of safety program developments.
- May store and retrieve statistical data.
- Each employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations, and orders issued pursuant to the Occupational Safety and Health Act which are applicable to his/her own actions and conduct.
- Complies with all applicable food safety regulations and mandates (Safe Quality Foods, Food and Drug Admin, Pasteurized Milk Ordinance)
- “Showing Respect” - Research issues & incidents with internal teams, business partners and customers in a collaborative manner that includes professional, honest and transparent communication.
- “Find a Better Way” - Work with internal and external teams to implement process improvements and/or procedural changes that eliminate non-value added activities and drive more business value.
- “Winning Together” - Assist with training of new team members. Facilitate or oversee training and standard operating procedure reviews to ensure new hires develop proficiency of role.
- “The Customer’s Champion” – Proactively engage to support our customer needs on an end to end basis and strive to meet or exceed SLA timelines. Take ownership of customer requests and engage with internal teams as needed and within a timely manner.
- “Performance Matters” – Meet or exceed all key metrics in line with expectations for role. Continually update knowledge of products, product changes, processes and services offered to deliver a dynamic customer experience.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years related experience
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiply projects simultaneously.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Basic personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or the Facility Safety Manager.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Regularly involves talking or listening and the use of hands and fingers.
- Frequently involves sitting, standing and walking, and reaching with hands and arms.
- Occasionally involves stooping, crawling or kneeling and climbing or balancing.
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
- Involves light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a productive/technical nature.
- Should possess close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to bring objects into sharp focus.
Typical Environmental Conditions
- May be exposed to loud noise levels (i.e. manufacturing equipment).
- May work in areas with mechanical moving parts, poor lighting, and/or above ground with a danger of fall.
- May be exposed to air-contamination, toxic chemicals, wet/humid environment, extreme heat (non-weather), and outdoor weather conditions.
- Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.