Aarcher is seeking a Safety Manager for a position located in Baltimore, MD. We are looking for a reliable Safety Manager to ensure everyone in the company complies with health and safety laws. You will be responsible for establishing policies that will create and maintain a safe workplace. You must have excellent attention to detail to identify hazards. You will be able to discover opportunities for improving conditions and execute various safety programs. The ability to communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary workforce is essential.
Position will require 50% of time in office and 50% of time in the field. Travel is all local.
- Develop JHA’s for each job where required.
- Create site specific safety & health plans.
- Update chemical information list & safety data sheets annually.
- Track DOT’s and CDL’s annually.
- Facilitate random drug & alcohol testing for CDL drivers annually.
- Develop crane lift plans as needed.
- Create emergency action plans for new jobs.
- Set up new project including EAP, signage, first aid kits, fire extinguishers, and site specific CIL.
- Conduct site visits to insure conditions are safe and manage any injuries.
- Track & test rubber gloves.
- Track & calibrate gas meters.
- Conduct safety orientation for new hires.
- Conducts 10 hour & 30 hour OSHA classes annually
- OSHA 500 Certification
- Full benefits package (401K, medical, vision, dental, life insurance, disability; paid vacation)
- Vehicle allowance and gas card for travel