Environmental Health and Safety Specialist/Project Management
Aarcher Talent is seeking an EH&S Specialist /Project Manager in support of CAPEX projects for a global pharmaceutical company located in Elkton, VA. Elkton is a small town nestled on the east side of Rockingham County, Virginia in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley.
Be part of a transformation team bringing new biologic and vaccine medicines to the world. This role is part of the site Environment Health and Safety (EHS) team who is creating and building original and novel pharmaceuticals to address unmet medical needs. They need proven leadership abilities and experience in EHS execution preferably within pharmaceutical or bio-pharmaceutical industries, or alternatively within the chemical industry. If you are a technical expert in Environmental Health and Safety and can influence, collaborate, and communicate with all levels of organization, consider applying for this position.
Responsible for OSHA and corporate Environment Health and Safety compliance, site support, and project support for a growing manufacturing facility. This includes driving results and fostering collaboration to ensure compliant EHS programs and continuous improvement at the site. Collaborates and partners with operations to ensure EHS compliance is incorporated into daily operations. Performs responsibilities and addresses problems with limited supervision.
- Reviews processes, facilities, procedures and management of change documents to assure conformance to recognized EHS regulations, standards and guidelines.
- Completes hazard assessments, process hazard analysis, life safety reviews, incident investigations, safety regulatory field analysis, reports and permit applications.
- Provides leadership to formation and sustained performance of action oriented EHS committees.
- Assure completion of all regulatory submissions, notifications, etc. required to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local EHS requirements. Experience with EHS agency inspections and regulatory advocacy.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, concentration in Safety or Environmental, Science, Engineering or related technical discipline preferred.
- Proficient with project management and problem solving.
- 5 years applied professional Environmental Health and Safety work experience.
- Advanced level of proficiency in the areas of occupational safety, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Relevant professional certification(s) preferred including CSP.
- Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance workplace. Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security