Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Aarcher is recruiting for a Environmental Health & Safety Manager in Lawton, Oklahoma. This is an opportunity to lead Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) improvement strategy development and deployment for plant associates.
- Travel occasionally
- Relocation assistance for out of state candidates
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Lead Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Improvement Strategy development and deployment (including development of capital planning and execution) for the approximate 2,500 associates at the plant.
- Manage, coach and develop a team of 6-10 direct reports.
- Administer and continuously improve Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001).
- Develop strategy and prepare site for Safety Management System Certification (ISO 45001).
- Facilitate EHS Plant Governance Process (including implementation of EHS Management System).
- Establish key performance indicators for the function (leading and lagging).
- Develop methods to continuously increase EHS engagement within hourly and salary workforce.
- Partner with other functions and lead efforts to continuously improve plant EHS culture.
- Cultivate a learning culture through the integration of Human and Organizational Performance Philosophy.
- Maintain compliance to Federal, State and Local and Company Requirements.
- Partner with the Continuous Skills Development Team in administering and improving EHS Training and the EHS Leadership Curriculum
- Execute strategies to eliminate serious injuries and environmental incidents, continuously reduce the occurrence of minor incidents, increase engagement in the EHS Management System and improve plant culture.
- Apply experience and knowledge to ensure compliance with EHS Regulatory Requirements and Company Policies
- Build relationships and credibility. Stay abreast to current state of business, process and culture. Build networks with key Plant Leaders and Informal Influencers (at all levels of the organization).
- Consolidate, evaluate, report and act upon relevant EHS data and information.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree required
- Minimum 7 or more years of experience in Environmental, Health and Safety (within a manufacturing environment)
- Management or Staff Position in a mid-size and/or moderately complex manufacturing environment - With knowledge of
- Environmental, Health and Safety Regulations
- Experience managing Environmental Requirements driven by Federal, State and Local Regulations (Title V, NPDES, SARA, etc.)
- Experience building relationships and networks - Leading EHS transformations
- Exceptional knowledge of EHS Regulations and modern methods of Safety Management (e.,g., Human and Organizational Performance)
- Exceptional influence at all levels of the organization
- Strong collaborator
Desired Education and Experience
- Masters degree in Environmental Health and Safety
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) ; Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) desired.